Homemade goodies such as trail mix bars, make perfect afternoon snacks in the Spring. Head to the park with a tin box of these, or take them to the movies (shh.. we wont tell).
- ⅔ cup almonds
- ⅔ cup cashews
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup all natural creamy peanut butter, melted
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place almonds and cashews in the bowl of a food processor and pulse 10-15 times to break into large pieces; transfer to a large bowl and add the oats, ground flaxseed, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey and melted peanut butter and and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix until fully coated. Transfer the mixture into prepared baking dish and press firmly to flatten the bars using the back of a spatula.
- Place bars into the refrigerator to set up for at least one hour. Cut into 16 squares. Bars may be stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Original recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction.