Spring is right around the corner and we’re ready to bring one of our favorite seasons into the kitchen. If you’re in a hotter state, this salad recipe will transition easily into summer, as ice cold watermelon always satisfies with its juicy bite. By gathering a few simple ingredients, you can create a simple and mouthwatering salad.
- 4- to 4 1/2-lb. watermelon, preferably seedless
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, preferably green or orange heirlooms, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, Maui or Walla Walla, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
Cut off and discard the watermelon rind. Cut the watermelon into 1-inch cubes, removing any seeds as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours. Add the tomatoes, onion and mint to the watermelon and toss gently. Add the feta and toss again. Serve immediately.